Why Should You Get Your Dryer Vents Cleaned?
1. Clogged Dryer Vents Cause An Estimated 15,000 House Fires In The U.S. Per Year, Resulting In 20 Deaths, 370 Injuries And Over $100 Million Dollars In Damage!
2. Partially Clogged Dryer Vents Reduce The Efficiency Of Your Dryer Costing Additional $$$.
3. Partially Clogged Dryer Vents Cause Early Mechanical Failures In Dryers Due To The Extra Wear And Tear.
4. With Gas Dryers There Is An Additional Concern Of Carbon Monoxide Venting Back Into The Home.
5. The Extra Time In The Dryer Wastes Your Time And Adds Excessive Wear And Tear To Clothing.
Just Mention This Ad!
Fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint is highly combustible and can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat build-up, and result in a fire. Most dryer duct lines run between the walls and the floors of a home and this fire can quickly spread through the rest of the home.
Plugged or partially plugged dryer vents can also result in increased operating costs with longer drying times. This will also cause premature failure of components of the dryer. Overheating can also cause unnecessary wear and tear on clothing, thus shortening their life.
The following are steps the Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends homeowners should take to prevent dryer vent fires.
- Clean the lint screen/filter before or after drying each load of clothes. If clothing is still damp when removed after a normal dyer cycle or requires a much longer than normal dryer cycle, this may be a sign the dryer vent needs cleaning.
- Check and clean the outside dryer vent exhaust for obstructions and make sure the flapper opens and closes properly.
We serve Eastern Massachusetts, Norfolk County, Suffolk County, Bristol County, Plymouth County, Boston, Quincy, Brockton, and Taunton and their surrounding towns.
View Our Testimonials
Stephco Cleaning & Restoration
882 South Franklin St.
Holbrook, MA 02343